Last week I was supposed to make the Lemon Blueberry Bread, but I forgot to buy blueberries so instead I made Strawberry Shortcake Scones. It was a pretty simple recipe and they came out so delicious. Definitely a keeper. I am so bad about taking pictures so I don’t have any, but I can vouch for the great taste! One thing I really liked was that even with the icing, they weren’t overly sweet.
I know in previous posts I have shared the benefits of meal planning. One other important thing to remember is that it’s not set in stone and having the meals on hand means you have flexibility to change things around. That seems to happen more often lately in our family.
Last week, my daughter got sick so everything got switched around, but I was thankful we had plenty of options on hand to choose from.
• Pancakes and Fruit
• Homefries, Eggs, and Bacon
• Breakfast Cookies
• Leftovers, Chicken patties in freezer, PB&J, lunchmeat sandwiches
Sunday: We celebrated 3 birthdays in our family: mine, Maddie’s, and my mom. Chinese for dinner, but I made a new cake and it was so good. I have been trying to find a copycat recipe for a cake I love from the Tiki Terrace. I’m not a huge cake person but their Coconut Haupia Cake is the BEST CAKE EVER. It was our wedding cake too. This cake I made was not an exact replica, but it was still really yummy and not a bad alternate.
• Chipotle has B1G1 tacos or burritos for teachers on Tues May 2. So I’m gonna send John after work and make tacos for the kids with rice and beans and avocado.
• Funfetti Cookies for as gifts
• Chicken, Mango and Peppers
• Cream of Broccoli Soup, Salad, Bread